Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 67 year old woman in good health. I received the

Customer Question
I am a 67...

I am a 67 year old woman in good health. I received the pneumonia vaccine today and my arm in the area of the injection is now extremely painful when I try to move it. Is this normal? If so, when could I expect this to subside? Thank you, ***** *****

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Moving my arm makes it worse and holding it still makes it better. My health lately has been normal except for a fall about a week ago which left some temporary aches and bruises on my right side. The shot was in my left arm

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and hypothyroid all controlled with medication. I have chronic back problems and have had 3 cervical spine surgeries and numerous steroid injections over the past 15 years. But even with these issues I consider my health good.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you for your patience.

Some amount of pain is normal at the injection site. But generally, the pain does not extent to the whole arm and does not affect the mobility of the arm.

Please take Brufen 200 mg now and see if the pain decreases. If the pain is still severe after 4 hours and you cannot move your arm easily, please see a doctor.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.