Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My father was on 3 2 mg Xanax a day 145 mg Remeron a day for…

Customer Question
My father was on...

My father was on 3 2 mg Xanax a day 145 mg Remeron a day for more than 15 years he took one and a half of the Xanax and the Rumor on every night to go to sleep he is family doctor cut him down on his xanaxs to 2 a day when he was getting three he started complaining about he could not sleep and started having anxiety attacks more often then his lungs filled up with fluid and mucus his heart doctor told him it was because he was decreased on his Xanax is after being on them so many years because he has congestive heart failure and has so many bypasses done in his heart and they put a list of medicine for him to take to his old those that he was taking and his family doctor is not wanting to give them to him and he is complaining of shortness of breath again They put a list of medicine for him to take to his old those that he was taking and his family doctor is not wanting to give them to him and he is complaining of shortness of breath again

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Yes he has bad anxiety problems when he gets around a crowd of people loud noises when he goes to the doctor you can tell it bothers him a lot and he needs to take the Xanax during the day I think but only takes a half of one because he says that he cannot sleep unless he takes his full dose every night and then he only gets like five to six hours of sleep

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

He has extremely high blood pressure he has to take 300 mg of hydrazine a day he has bad blockage in his artery has a bunch of stents put in has congestive heart failure and some kind of artery disease

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
1/3/2018
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

So what is your question exactly?

Please be very specific

Family Physician, Doctor