Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My vaginal lip is swollen, it feels like a hard lump is

Customer Question
My vaginal lip is...

My vaginal lip is swollen, it feels like a hard lump is underneath

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

I felt it Saturday morning so 3 days it’s hard

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just finished a round of antibiotics from an infection caused by gallstones

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
How large is the lump and where exactly located?
It’s about 4 inches or so and it feels like it’s underneath and is causing the bottom of the lip up to where the butt cheek starts to feel swollen. It’s hard to walk and sit
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 6 months ago
This sounds like a bartholins gland cyst. Sometimes using hot compresses can help with the pain and swelling. You will want to make a gyn appt. they usually need to be drained surgically