Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can the Nuvaring cause blisters in the vaginal canal?

Customer Question
Hello. Can the Nuvaring...

Hello. Can the Nuvaring cause blisters in the vaginal canal?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Painful intercourse

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

My internet was down, are you still there?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

nuva ring should not cause this.

Do you actually see blisters?

I have not seen the blisters, but it is very painful in intercourse (but only at the beginning).
Afterwards, I find blood.

OK, so clearly you need an exam.

This can be cause by many different problems

Have you had pap smears yearly or at least every two years?

I have a pap smear scheduled for tomorrow, but this problem has irritated me very much. The Nuvaring never stays in place and I have to push it up every couple of hours.
By the way, I was under the impression that I was charged $5 not $34. I haven't even gotten a decent answer I haven't already found online.

Experts have nothing to do with your money to just answer

We log in any answer questions.

I suggest you check with customer service about your charges.

I will opt out of the question as I have not gotten to an answer yet, and indeed, an exam will be required. However, if you would like to continue with more specific questions after you sort out the financial issues, let me know