Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had an epidural at the pain clinic this morning for my…

Customer Question
I had an epidural...

I had an epidural at the pain clinic this morning for my back. When they asked me to roll over (on my right side on the table) I heard and felt a snap under my left bosom and a terrible pain. I am home now with a lot of pain. What did I do??

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had no recent injuries and when I breathe in it really hurts.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I never have ever had this happen before, could it had been a rib?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: The Physician, Doctor replied 6 months ago
The Physician
Hello
I am
Dr Obi
An Emergency Physician and has more than 2 decades of multidisciplinary experience
Please could you explain exactly what spot using the either the nipple or the notch below the Adam’s apple to describe where the pain is
( Example 3 inches below and Rt of the Adam’s apple)
Or you can use any other land mark
Is the intensity of pain still the same ?
It seems to be right under the left breast.
There are various things that can cause pain on that part of the chest
Considering the history you gave as to how it started, the temptation is to think it is a costochondritis from a rib junction ( inflammation of the rib junction )
However, as a ER Physician who have various experiences I would advise you to go the ER now, you need to have an ECG and perhaps a rib X-ray
Meanwhile if you are not allergic take 300mg of Aspirin
( make sure you tell them you did at the ER )
Please click the accept button rate my answer and go to the nearest ER
Possibilities
Pericarditis
Acute coronary syndrome
Hiatus herniaBut you need ECG first