Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I don't know how to spell anuerism, so I hope you know what…

Customer Question
I don't know how...

I don't know how to spell anuerism, so I hope you know what I am talking about. I already had a surgeon from the University of Iowa, do a procedure on it, was going to do a coil, but my vein was too crooked so he ended up doing a stint, but that didn't stick. Now he advises me to just

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Wait and what happens, happens. Another Dr. advised me to get a second opinion from Mayo. Rates you very highly. Would you consider a second doing a second opinion, it has not grown in six months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My reason for finding the anurism, was because I had a slight stroke and the mri showed the thing. No side affects from the stroke, my cardiologist tells me everything has been taken care of..lowered blood pressure, blood thinner, for stroke, and metoprolol, for the a fib, under control. Still in a fib but its not very bad.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?

Its consistent, I have been taking it at home for two months now, it rweads from 145/78 to 126/79

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

this is JustAnswers

we are doctors here to help answer medical questions.

I am sorry you had an aneurysm in your brain.

it sounds like your doctors tried to do a coiling of a brain aneruysm.

you had a stent placed.

that is good it hasn't changed in 6 months.

most likely Mayo clinic can't coil it either.