Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been constipated for a few day and I was able to have…

Customer Question
I have been constipated...

I have been constipated for a few day and I was able to have a movement however it the bowel movement came with a lot of blood and now it feels like a have diarrhea but it is only blood

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Yes it just started last night

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This could be a bleeding hemorrhoid or an anal mucosal tear.

Bleeding per rectum is an emergency and is treated as an emergent condition in the ER.

I would suggest that you go to the ER for this. The site of the bleeding needs to be identified and the bleeding needs to be stopped.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

the bleed is making it feel like I have diarrhea

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is correct.