Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I’m on vacation in CO but live in IL. I caught a cold that’s…

Customer Question
Good morning. I’m on...

Good morning. I’m on vacation in CO but live in IL. I caught a cold that’s been passed around and I am wheezing, coughing up some stuff and feel like an elephant is on my chest. I’ve had bronchitis before and it felt just like this

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Probably 3-4 days but I’ve had a cold for over a week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have fibromyalgia and anxiety so I’m on quite a few meds. Tramadol, gabapentin, clonazapam, venlafaxine and hydroxyzine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Sorry to hear about your current situation.

How old are you?

Do you smoke or have COPD?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 46 and no I don’t smoke or have COPD. I do have fibromyalgia and anxiety so I am taking quite a few meds
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still with me?

Unfortunately, you need a physical exam or a chest x-ray to determine what is happening in your lungs.

Welcome to Colorado but this happens all the time due to the altitude.

Are you in a place that you can be seen by an urgent care for a minute clinic?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can’t find one that takes our insurance that we have from IL

You should have an out-of-state coverage that allows you to go to any emergency room or urgent care.

Depending on your clinical findings or x-ray findings, you might need antibiotics and an inhaler

If I were you, I would call my primary care doctor back in Illinois to let him know about the current situation. Depending on your history, he may want to prescribe you antibiotics and an inhaler that you can pick up at any pharmacy. You can also order a chest x-ray from afar.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Scott, Doctor