Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Will phentermine give a positive test result on an

Customer Question
Will phentermine give a...

Will phentermine give a positive test result on an employment drug screening.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Urine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also have been taking nyquil and sudafed other than that no

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you take any other prescription medications?

I take Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl tablets

Because those hormones inhibit your liver enzyme pathways then it's incredibly likely that the phentermine will have you test positive for amphetamines in the urine.

would sudafed and nyquil pose a problem ?

Sudafed and nyquil both will also increase the chance of you testing positive.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

If you have any further questions please ask.

Otherwise please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo