Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Sore trough. 2 days

Customer Question
Sore trough Doctor's Assistant:...

Sore trough

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

2 days

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

What treatment have you taken so far for this?

Do you have fever?

Difficulty swallowing?

yesyes

Thank you.

This is tonsillitis or pharyngitis, which we all experience once or twice in a year.

Most common reason for this is a viral illness which is usually self limiting and settles down on its own in few days.

There are certain measures which will be helpful for you.

Plenty of hot liquids.

Honey water (anti-inflammatory)

Motrin or Aleve (will relieve pain and swelling in throat)

Good hydration.

All will help.

The only reason to see a doctor is, if you develop any of the following;

High grade fever

Inability to eat/drink orally

Otherwise it will and should settle down soon.

Was it helpful?

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor