Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the recommended dosages of Tryazodon. Amneodarone,

Customer Question
What are the recommended...

What are the recommended dosages of Tryazodon

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Amneodarone, bupropion, CandidaTe Sodium, potassium, Simvastin.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had a stroke

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

The recommended dose of trazodone can vary depending upon the situation. When someone is taking another antidepressant and the trazodone is given as a supplement to the primary antidepressant or to help with sleep, lower doses are recommended, which would be 50-100 mg every night. However, when trazodone is used as a primary antidepressant or when a stronger antidepressant effect is needed as a second antidepressant, a higher dose is recommended. The recommended starting dose is 150 mg daily, and the dose can be increased to a maximum dose of 400 mg daily.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Is there any further information that would be helpful?