Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a mild headache that comes and goes over the last few…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi , I...
Second opinion] Hi , I have a mild headache that comes and goes over the last few days .Its worse when i bend over or shake my head .When i wake in the morning i can feel it when i move my head What are the possibilities ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Sarah,

What is your age?

Are you on any medications?

Do you have neck pain, high blood pressure, nose block/running nose, vision issue, dizziness, diabetes, hearing issue?

38 , yes zoloft 150mg . no issues only nose a small bit runny /stuffy

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Chronic daily headache is not a type of headache but frequent headaches of various kinds. Most people with chronic daily headache have migraine or tension-type headache as the underlying type of headache. Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. So probably this would be the first to be considered in the differential diagnosis of your headache also. A tension headache is a headache caused by tense muscles in the face, neck, or scalp. These headaches give a feeling of tightness around the head. The neck muscles can also become sore and tight. Tension headaches can be caused by staying in one position for a long time, such as reading, playing video games or using a computer.

Most headaches like yours are caused by following:

Tension-type headache

Migraine headache

Chronic daily headache.

The other possibilities are;

Sinusitis headache

Headache due to neck spine issues.

Following work up can confirm the cause;

MRI of sinuses

CT scan of neck spine.

Following are the suggested treatment for chronic tension headache;

1) Acupuncture

2) Mild massage

3) Correct posture of neck during working.

4) Relaxation technique like meditation.

5) Stretching exercises

6) Occipital blocks

7) Electrical stimulation

8) Therapeutic ultrasound

9) Hot/cold packs

10) Medications;

Dihydroergotamine

Reglan

Phenargan

Codeine

Oxycodone

Butalbital

Aspirin

Tylenol.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.