Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I kicked a plastic dough tray at work today around 12pm

Customer Question
I kicked a plastic...

I kicked a plastic dough tray at work today around 12pm noon. I worked doing pizza delivery until 11:45pm. I didn't notice any pain at work. Is it probably a sprain. I have the next two days off. Will it feel better.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Stepping directly my foot; however, there's no swelling.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was working in the cold outside & there was no pain for 12 hours.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

This looks most likely a muscle spasm, secondary to mild muscle sprain, and it can affect the muscles more when the outer temperature is cold.

You can have rest.

Maintain a good hydration.

Avoid too much cold exposure.

And can use Motrin or Aleve for the time being.

I believe it will be okay soon.

Was it helpful?

Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

The other expert has opted out, do need any more information?