Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a 14-year-old son who has just started wetting

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a 14-year-old son who has just started wetting himself 2 months ago on purpose we believe. He's in special education. The school wants him to start wearing diapers. Is this something we should do? We have taken him to the doctors the doctor has done a bladder capacity test it came back normal.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Diapers are fine to use as long as it's used in a way to encourage him to use the bathroom instead and not as a punishment. Also, giving him a watch with an alarm to let him know every 3 hours to go use the restroom is a good idea.