Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

The Left side of my face and my left hand is tingling; not…

Customer Question
The Left side of...

The Left side of my face and my left hand is tingling; not numb; no pain; moves just fine; what do you think?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

Skin fine; the last 20 min or so....

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No; never any such think; I can type ok, as you can see

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having tingling in left side of face & left hand since last 20 minutes can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke,transient ischemic attack.Also this can be due to :Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12,certain medications.

You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,
-Certain blood tests,
-Electro physiological studies
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV)

You need to have a quick appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer
Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.
Kind Regards
Dr.Josh