Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Im 15 5'5 female and usually weigh around 135, recently i…

Customer Question
HI im 15 5'5...

HI im 15 5'5 female and usually weigh around 135, recently i unexpectedly lost 15 pounds and cant put it back on for anything. noithing has changed with my diet or working out

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

Not any swelling but my teeth are sentive more lately

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only weird thing with me is an ovarian cyst

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 1 month ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Do you feel excessively thirsty or urinating more frequently?
Any excessive menstruation or irregular menses?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my menstruation has been off
but no change is thirst of urination
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my period is usually right on but its begun to come before a full month has reach. like even 2 weeks apart

Do you notice any restlessness, palpitations?
Any constipation issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
restlessness
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cant sleep but im exhausted

Any family history of thyroid disease?

Your symptoms are suggestive of excess thyroid gland activities also known as hyperthyroidism.
Excessive thyroid hormones in the body can cause weight loss, tiredness, and problem with sleeping, also affects your menses.
Hence, you will need to get a full thyroid panel --TSH, free t4, total T3 levels and thyroid antibody levels as initial testing.
Best wishes

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist