Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have an allergice reaction that is causing my face to

Customer Question
I have an allergice...

I have an allergice reaction that is causing my face to swell on both sides connected by swelling on the top lip. Will benadryl help?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

No other skin problems. Swelling started on left side and moved across top lip to other side.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This has happened three other times over the last 21 months. But more swelling this time. I am 82 years old. Take BP, which one of them is Altace and assorted other medicines.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, if this is an established allergic reaction then Benadryl will definitely help with the swelling.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.