Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can I get an anti biotic for a bad cold

Customer Question
Can I get an...

Can I get an anti biotic for a bad cold

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

most cold infections are due to viral infections

and antibiotics won't help.

you can take some zinc which can help improve your immune system

chicken soup, eating oranges, broccoli, more fruits and vegetables, drinking more water, hot tea with honey and lemon can help you get better from your cold

make sure you eat meals. don't skip meals

let me know if you have questions.

I have more than just a cold what did I just pay for here nothing

we are here to help answer medical questions.