Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Wow really are you able to help thats so amazing if you have…

Customer Question
Wow really are you...

Wow really are you able to help thats so amazing if you have an answer to my question I thank you in advance. I have a painful shine right leg, and its a little lumpy. like fatty tissue i guess? I also have sore knew that came first. excess fluid in knees. I have had the knees xray. iy just showed my knee cap is moving about and the fluid is stopping it from gridning. I had physio. Anyway the shine thing is werid bc its a constant pain? what could this be? Im 46 and weight around 59kg.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Knees not knew. sorry auto correct.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Its worse at night. its fine with walking etc. when stationary its painful. and when my daughter rubs it its supper sensitive lumpy and sore. past medical? not really anything with this. but i have had a fatty deposit removed 3 yeras ago from my upper leg area near the bum bone side area.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 6 months ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Are you able to upload a picture of the lump here?
Painful lump if it is soft or fluctuant is likely a lipoma.
A growing lipoma can press on the local nerve causing pain.

In case of firm lump this can be arising from the bone mostly benign chondroma or osteoma.
X-rays of the shin bone will confirm that in that case.
Best wishes