Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have some hip pain. Sometimes in my pelvis and side of my…

Customer Question
Hi. Have some...

Hi. Have some hip pain. Sometimes in my pelvis and side of my waist. Radiates into my butt.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I’ve had it on and off for a while. A few months maybe more.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve had two csections

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Also, I’ve had ibs for years associated with anxiety.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

what is your height and weight?

have you had this pain before?

it could be due to the cold weather, worsening arthritis possibly

have you tried yoga before?

I’m 32. Have had the pain off and on before.

have you tried any ibuprofen or tylenol?

I tried aleve but it made be nauseous.
I’m 5 ft 3 inch and 120 pounds

aleve and ibuprofen should be taken after a meal with a full stomach

they can upset your stomach and cause nausea

did the aleve help? the hip pain?

yoga can help improve hip flexibility and help decrease hip pain in the long run.

Okay. Is it common for pain in the hip to cause pinching on and off on side of stomach? are hips and stomach linked?
The Aleve did help with pain.
Also I️ have two small children who I️ carry often. Is it possible that they are causing pain in stomach and hips?

I think these are two separate issues

medications like aleve, alcohol, spicy foods, tomato sauces, fried foods can upset the stomach

stomach acid reducers like zantac or prilosec can help decrease stomach acid.

if you are going to take the aleve, make sure you take after meals

and also take a stomach acid reducer like zantac or prilosec to help your stomach

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com