Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I feel this slight vibration in my perineal area. It feels…

Customer Question
I feel this slight...

I feel this slight vibration in my perineal area. It feels like I've got my phone in my pocket on vibrate.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have a vibrating sensation in the perineal area.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hx of endometriosis, fibroids, anxiety, eating disorder.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Just started this morning. I feel it much more when im sitting.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
How long has the vibration sensation been going on for?
Just this morning

The most common cause of vibration in the perineum is usually stool that's obstructed. This isn't the same as constipation. But when softer stools backs up behind harder stools then it can cause a vibration sensation. This can be worse when you lay down vs when you sit or vice versa. Other causes are what we call in the neuritis, which is when the nerve is inflamed and it can cause a sensation of vibration. this is much less common and usually happens only in patients with neurologic disorders such as diabetes.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Otherwise please click the rating button when you have a moment.

-Dr. Mo