Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering if it was possible for a Woodlouse spider to…

Customer Question
Hello, I was wondering...

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible for a Woodlouse spider to lay her silk cell on a persons skin NOT in skin but underneath a woven layer of her silk

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

5 Years and we have a serious infestation of carfpet beetles and woodlouse spiders, Major changes in hairs, skin, nails and overall health

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Since this started I have developed ground glass cysts and scarring in my lungs, seerious issues with CNS, eyesight and digestive issues

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female

major changes in hair, skin, nails, and health would not be due to a woodhouse spider laying silk cells under your skin.

do yo have health insurance to see a doctor and get some testing?

Female Age: 48 Yes, I have been tested for pretty much everything that the Doctors could think of... Many of the symptoms mimic an auto-immune condition but I have been tested and retested numerous times and every test has been negative. The only Test that came back positive was for Herpes Simplex 1 and that was after my insistence since along with the ongoing non-healing blisters and lesions I've continue to suffer from, about 2 years ago I also developed serious issues affecting my CNS and about 4 months my hands and feet broke out in severe blisters resembling what looked like targets raised, red with a white border and it was extremely painful. My guess was that it was something similar to Erythma Mutliform Major caused by the Herpes Virus. Doctors didn't agree since a swab culture did not return a positive result. However 2 months later I broke out in reg. cold sores and was put on anti-viral along with an anti-parasitic which actually started working. When they were unable to identify a specific parasite that medicine was discontinued. A few weeks ago I asked to be re-tested for the Herpes Virus to compare and once again came back positive. Unfortunately this does not explain the issues with the spider bites or what is apparently attacking me. We have had professional exterminators and have fumigated ourselves several times and can not get rid of the infestation. The infestations appears to be the only constant during the entire time that I have been ill. Doctors are stumped ad I am trying to search for answers perhaps that might require "out of the box" thinking ...which I have found to be difficult to discuss with any of the specialists I am currently seeing as they all are attenuating to fit this in a simple diagnosis which has been unsuccessful to this point. I am looking for different perspectives from the medical community. Any thoughts?

what issues with your CNS are you having?

do you have bad anxiety symptoms?

what symptoms are having which mimic autoimmune conditions?

can you upload a clear photo of your non healing blisters?

I am unable to respond this morning but canl reply later this afternoon and provide responses to your questions as well as upload a clear photo. Thank you

ok