Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How to get rid of edema all over in comatose person with…

Customer Question
how to get rid of...
how to get rid of edema all over in comatose person with renal failure
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
she is doing hemodialysis, but her body is still swelling. Her bladder is not working. she has kidney failure as a result of septis shock--from gastric sleeve leakage (pus pocket in her stomach). yesterday, she had dialysis with albumen. she is receiving tpn for nutrients. she hasn't had a bowel movement since 12/13/17. she passed very little urine since 12/13/17 also.
1/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Who is the person you are taking care of?

can you list all meds?

My sister. I gave all relevant info previously
I haven't received an answer. I do not want to call as I have posed this question to two other kidney doctors.

The reason for the swelling is the low albumin

she has no protein in her blood to hold fluid in

so she needs nutrition

They are giving her a TPN drip as I mentioned initially. This drip is supposed to have proteins in it. I mentioned this earlier. THis isn't the answer to the specific question asked.

You keep saying as you mentioned initially but I don't have access to that.

The answer is she needs either protein intake or albumin to help with swelling

there is no other cure