Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have renal carcinoma...My remaining kidney has a tumor the…

Customer Question
I have renal carcinoma...My...

I have renal carcinoma...My remaining kidney has a tumor the size of an orange. How long before it stops functioning and what kind of pain and suffering to I have to endure before death. And how long will it take?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

No, but I suppose my doctor is

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Like what for example?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your condition.

1-It is very difficult to predict the exact duration because it varies from person to person and depends upon the exact size, stage and spread of the cancer.

2-The pain can be managed by means of some strong painkillers like morphine or oxycodone.

Are you taking any pain killers?

no

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Pain can be managed with painkillers.There are multiple options to manage pain