Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sharp pain that comes so and goes on my right lower…

Customer Question
I have a sharp...

I have a sharp pain that comes so and goes on my right lower side and also I get the sharp pain in my stomach right above my year belly button

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Some nausea and it has been about 3 days now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that is it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Okay

Do you have diarrhea or fever?

Your age and any concurrent medical illness you have?

No fever had some extra diahrera
I am 43

Thank you.

You have gastroenteritis, an acute inflammation of stomach and intestines, which is most likely a result of viral infections.

Most of the times, this is self limiting and goes away (or at least starts to go away) with in few days.

For stomach pain and discomfort, you can take Prilosec (available over the counter) 20 mg once daily for few days.

Banana

Rice

Applesauce

Toast should be preferred meals.

Avoid fatty and spicy meals.

And lots of juices, water, Gatorade to keep yourself adequately hydrated.

The only reason to see a doctor is, if you develop any of these;

Blood in stools

High grade fever

Severe diarrhea and dehydration with exhaustion

But hopefully it will not happen and you will be okay in few days.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.