Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My bilirubin total is slightly high. What can cause this?

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor replied 6 months ago
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How high is the bilirubin ?

Do you have any symptom?

What about ALT and AST ?

Regards

It’s 1.5 my stomach hurts sometimes and I have loose stools. Alt and ast are normal

Is this the first time bilirubin found to be high or previously it was high as well ?

Regards

First time
Just last month it was low

Thanks for the information

This is most likely due to the infection which is giving you stomach ache and loose stools

This is likely to get normal once the infection settles

You just need to repeat it after one month and most probably it will be normal by that time

I am available to assist you any further till you are satisfied that you have received an excellent response

If satisfied please take a while to rate my service

Regards

Please do ask if you have any more query

Regard