Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have woke up with my left side of my head right behind my…

Customer Question
I have woke up...

I have woke up with my left side of my head right behind my ear feeling swollen. No numbness or tingling. I also have two teeth on that side upper and lower sensitive to coldness

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

Just started last night. No flu but have sinus issues at times

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High blood pressure but on meds for that

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

66

This is a problem called mastoiditis

It is related to an infection or inflammation in your mastoid bone

You do need to see a doctor for this

It can progress rapidly and you might need oral antibiotics

I would go to an urgent care

is this helpful?

just click send to reply