Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What could this be behind my tonsils

Customer Question
What could this be behind my tonsils
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

There are many lymph nodes behind the tonsils. These are mildly enlarged and inflamed causing this appearance behind the tonsils. This is not a cause for worry and after the inflammation of the tonsils has reduced even the lymph nodes inflammation will resolve.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you!

I’ve had it for multiple months now

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

These lymph nodes once enlarged may continue to remain enlarged in many individuals. This is not concerning and they are still considered to be harmless.

Take care.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!