Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have a cough with yellow discharge, low grade fever at

Customer Question
Have a cough with...

Have a cough with yellow discharge, low grade fever at night. My reg doctor was closed. Went to Urgent card...Dec 30, Dr said I had Bronchitis. Presribed azithromcin 250 mg and albuterol 90 mcg. Cough is still there and I still have night sweats after 2 days.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take a lot of blood pressure meds:Candesartan 8mg,indapamide l.25mcg,Metroprolol Succ 25 mg,Amiodipine Besylate 5mg,Levothyroxine 25 mg,,FISh OIl 1200mc D31000 Aspirin 81 mcg...potassium 10 mcg and Nitroglycerin as needed.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had TB in 1966

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Cough and night sweats may take 3-5 days to go away after starting of antibiotic in bronchitis.

Following comprehensive measures are recommended for the treatment of bronchitis:

1) Adequate rest / bed rest if symptoms are severe.

2) cough suppressants such as codeine and dextromethorphan.

3) ipratropium bromide

4) theophylline

5) steroids which you were prescribed.

6) antibiotics.

7) Zinc supplement; this increases the body immunity.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl Happy new year 2018.