Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Pain on left side then goes down towards the pelvic bone.

Customer Question
Pain on left side...

Pain on left side then goes down towards the pelvic bone. The pain makes back hurt and sometimes makes legs feel weak

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries, hurts when walking at time. Pain will come and go when walking. Nothing makes it better or worse. Pain just there, feels like a burning sensation

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hurt back in 2006-2007, have an ulcer since 2005

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
1/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Where is the pain exactly located?

Do you have any urinary symptoms, history or family history of kidney stones?

Since when is the pain?

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Pinched nerves in back.

2) A kidney stone passing from kidney to bladder.

Pinched nerves in the back can be due to;

1) Herniated/degenerated disc in back

2) Lumbar spondylosis; bone spurs in the back vertebrae pressing on the nerves.

Following investigations would be required;

1) X-ray of the lower back

2) MRI of the spine

3) Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) study

4) Electromyography (EMG)

A kidney stone will require;

a) An ultrasound

b) X-ray abdomen

c) CT scan.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl Happy new year 2018.