Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I smoked a cigarette earlier and got lightheaded and felt…

Customer Question
i smoked a cigarette earlier...
i smoked a cigarette earlier and got lightheaded and felt lot a ton of warm ocean waves coming at me so naturally i freaked out. then i recalled the cigarette i smoked may have been wet a week ago from a cleaning agent containing bleach. i think i feel fine now, i drank bunch of juice and water..what symptoms should i look out for that might require a hospital visit, and for how long should i be on the lookout? i am completely freaked out. its been a bout 2-3 hours since.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
12/31/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 1 month ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was more than your usual nicotine high. it was like...a bunch of waves coming at me my hairs stood up. it was nicotine high to the 100 power. i appreciate your guidance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the amount the cigarette was wet (I'm not sure if by the cleaning agent or if by water) was not a lot but enough for me to recall and show concern

I see no reason for worry here

If by chance you had inhaled some of the cleaning agent ingredients that wouldn't do any permanent harm like brain or lung or heart damage

Sounds like just a temporary expected reaction and you should be fine

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you. just in case, are there symptoms i should be on look out for ? and for how long?

Well I don't think your symptoms are going to recur but those would be what you should look for

Happy New Year

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Dr. Chip,So really no reason to be concerned? It was much much different than a nicotine high. I didn't finish the cigarette; i think i took 3 inhales before the reaction occured. it was so alarming and i dont think it was normal.If it was the cleaning agent, i then must have inhaled it as i inhaled on the cigarette. It's been 2 days now but. I dont know still traumatized from it thinking there will be residual effects.

So how are you feeling right now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm kind of on high alert observing any sensation.
So, i guess im experiencing a little bit of stomach cramping, anxiety, and associated symptoms.to be honest on what is on my mind, could this lead to brain/blood/body function issues? I mean, i think this is an uncommon thing to accidentally do

No, that one episode would never lead to any brain/body issues

I think what's going on now is just your anxiety over this issue

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor