Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a rumbling chest. What could this be? I was in A & E…

Customer Question
I have a rumbling...

I have a rumbling chest. What could this be?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

I was in A & E on Friday where they checked me out. They said my heart was running fast but also suggested it was likely to be as a result of some antidepressants. They sent me home with no

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am ovéweight.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Is it more of a fluttering of the heart or does it feel like it's in the chest?

Also, is it worse when you exert yourself by walking or exercising? Any shortness of breath?

I don't know. It sounds occasionally like it's rumbling. It does get a bit worse with walking up the stairs. Occasional shortness of breath. Might it be a chest infection? I am worried!

I wouldn't be worried about something life threatening or dangerous - it sounds more like you have a chest infection, it doesn't sound as though something is wrong with the heart. I would recommend resting and drinking plenty of fluids. If you start getting high fevers or worsening shortness of breath then antibiotics may be necessary. But I doubt it, most of these things are viral and will resolve well on their own.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

If you have any further questions please ask.

Otherwise please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo