Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Signs and symptoms of shingles. No I haven't asked or told…

Customer Question
Signs and symptoms of...

Signs and symptoms of shingles

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't asked or told my Primary care physician about this as yet. I take many drugs for other conditions mostly for high blood pressure and type II diabetes.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

About 2 months ago, I see my doctor or his PA on a regular basis more for renewing a prescription of hydrocodone which gets me through the day. Yes mom had HBP.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I'm aware of. He's been my PCP for over 15 years. But i'm in alot of pain only on one side of my chest and it is so persistent that I would like to know if there's the possibility it is shingles and what can be done to help relieve this pain.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
12/31/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry you think you may have shingles. First, you must have had chicken pox. The symptoms are burning sensation on one side of your body beginning about 8-10 days before a rash comes out. The rash has blisters and open sore like lesions much the same appearance as chicken pox. To help with the pain, take Advil or Aleve. If you do breakout with a rash, then you will need to see your doctor for prescription strength medications.

I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor