Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Been the dr this morning, she said I might have herpes as…

Customer Question
Hi been the dr...

Hi been the dr this morning, she said I might have herpes as it’s very sore when I go to the Toilet (number 2) but I have not had anal sex nor have I had Sex in 6 months have had a blood test a month ago which came up clear? Is it possible I have herpes and when should I go to the hospital as it’s getting near on possible to go to the toilet

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Not 100% sure just wondering if it’s better to go the the hospital as they will get results get quicker, they tested for everything last time I got a blood test

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope been clean and healthy, do get the occasional canker sore but only get them when I accidentally bite the inside of my mouth it’s always on the inside never on the outer lips

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your symptoms are suggestive of anal fissure, which is an ulcer at the opening of anus. It is exceedingly painful condition.

Please read about it;

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/anal-fissure/symptoms-causes/syc-20351424

Following is the detailed advisory;

1) Avoid constipation by not postponing the urge to defecate; Many over-the-counter options helps speed bowel movements and decrease straining. Duphalac is best. A soft stool helps in decreasing the irritation and associated pain.

2) Eat a balanced, high-fiber diet; Increased dietary fiber of 25-30 grams / day. High fiber cereal can help reach this goal quickly.

3) Drink plenty of water and liquids (about 2 liters a day)

4) Regular exercise; this helps in relieving constipation, if any.

5) Avoid excessive pressure and straining during defecation. Don't sit for extended periods, limit this time as much as possible.

6) Avoid irritant foods, chillies and hot herbs and substances.

7) Warm sitz baths; this is universally soothing for pain. This is done thrice a day for couple of days and then twice a day (15 minutes each time).

8) Local ointments applied in anal canal which contain xylocaine and vasconstrictors (OTC product).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.

Warm regards,