Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the cause of sudden passing of blood clots when

Customer Question
What is the cause...

What is the cause of sudden passing of blood clots when urinating followed by blood from a 69-year-old female with no prior problems?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good. I just had a good pap smear two weeks ago. I have had back aches due to a pulled nerve recently. I have taken Ibuprofen for the aches and I take high blood pressure medication.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

When I was in my late 30s because of a large endometriosis cyst, my doctor removed my right ovary where the cyst was. I used an estrogen creme for a few weeks back in 2013 because of a terrible vaginal itch but quit after a few applications after I saw a very light spot of blood.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have fever ?

Do you have increased frequency of urine ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

No fever, I'm not sure because I urinate often anyway. Since I've been waiting, I had to urinate and it took a long time because the blood clot was so large that had to pass. Please tell me something as soon as possible. I am getting worried and my Dr. office is closed to Tuesday.

Thank you for the information .

I believe this can happen due to a very severe urinary tract infection .

This should be treated with antibiotics , increased water intake , Vitamin C .

The vaginal infection or irritation is not related to this condition of clot in the bladder (urinary bladder)

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

If you can do to the ER, you should send your urine for sample study to their lab.