Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE AN APPLE SIZED SWOLEN MASS ABOVE AND TO THE RIGHT OF…

Customer Question
I HAVE AN APPLE...

I HAVE AN APPLE SIZED SWOLEN MASS ABOVE AND TO THE RIGHT OF MY NAVAL, IF I PRESS ON IT, IT SEEMS TO SQUISH AWAY BUT COMES BACK IN A FEW HOURS, NO PAIN.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

THERE IS NO PAIN, NO RECENT TRAUMA AT ALL.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I AM DIABETIC

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

How long have you had it and has it gotten larger in size?

TWO WEEKS OR SO, YES IT HAS GOTTEN MUCH LARGER

Does it flatten out more when you lay down and more noticeable when you stand up or when you bear down?

Most likely what you have is an umbilical hernia. These aren't dangerous but if it is troublesome then you could see a general surgeon who can reduce the hernia by surgery. If you don't do anything forward it all then it will persist and possibly gets slightly larger.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

If you have any further questions please ask.

Otherwise please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo