Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have you heard of being allergic to toilet paper. I read a…

Customer Question
Have you heard of...

Have you heard of being allergic to toilet paper. I read a column that says toilet paper is made using BPA and there is now a toilet paper on the market that is not made with it.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I am taking no medications for this. I have a condition where my genital area is constantly irritated.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take only medication for high blood pressure but only since last March. I have had this condition much longer than that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Doctor: Ross, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Ross
Ross, Doctor

hello dr ross I will try to help

you are correct allergies can develop to any chemical solution used for fragrance

But, do you know of any brand of toilet paper that has no fragrance?

sometimes although messy using a desitin type ointment can break the cycle of irritation

no i don't it can probably be googled

I have used numerous ointments. They are only a temporary help.

yes they are until you change the paper

o​therwise you will reinniate the tissue immune response

Benadryl cream can help quite it down but you have to eliminate the antigen source of immune response

i hope that helped sorry i don't know the paper

seventh generation toilet paper on google available through online orders

unbleached undyed paper would be worth trying once you are cleared up

ratings appreciated

ww.amazon.com/dp/B00T87VN20/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00T87VN20&pd_rd_wg=OHEIj&pd_rd_r=HR4FMXC0JBPSV7VBJ7H5&pd_rd_w=wMeqb