Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain in my lower back, that feels like a stomach ache…

Customer Question
I have pain in...

I have pain in my lower back, that feels like a stomach ache in my back

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It started last night and has worsened this morning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I am generally very healthy I have been working very physically hard recently

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have this pain

how old are you?

working hard physically can cause muscle aches and pains in bones and joints and muscles in the back.

have you tried any ice packs or heating pads for your back

you may benefit from taking some anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen 200mg 2-3 pills every 6-8 hours with food in your stomach with plenty of water to see if that helps decrease pain