Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My total T3 and total t4 are in normal range but TSH is

Customer Question
My total T3 and...

My total T3 and total t4 are in normal range but TSH is slightly hush 4.53. Should I be worried?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?

Slight weight gain 1-2 kgs but overall my weight has been in a broad range of 56-58

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Got it checked today only it was with respect to my irregular periods for which I got ultrasound also , slight PCOD has also been detected

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

A mild high TSH with normal T3 and T4 may not be treated in the absence of significant symptoms. Irregular period is a symptom of thyroid abnormality (hypothyroidism in which TSH is raised); but with no other symp***** *****ke fatigue, weight gain, cold feeling etc, thyroid supplement may not be needed.

You need to get the;

1) Thyroid function tests repeated at 6 months.

2) Thyroid antibodies done; if these are positive, thyroid supplement may be started.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.