Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is sjogren. Just got blood vwork back that points in…

Customer Question
What is sjogren Doctor's...

What is sjogren

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Just got blood vwork back that points in thi direction

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Inflamation in hands .......female and have man hands......migrains.......fatige

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No have seen the same dr for 20 years

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
12/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

i feel weak all the time......have noticed i cant lift anything like i used to...just kept thinking it was because getting older

Sjögren syndrome is a chronic inflammatory disorder characterized by lymphocytic infiltrates in exocrine organs (which secrete various body fluids).

So it can affect tear glands (cause dry eyes), salivary gland (cause dry mouth) and enlarged parotid gland.

Fatigue and muscle weakness is a common feature of the disease.

It can also affect various other organs of the body including muscles and joints.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Sjogren can also affect;

Blood vessels

Kidneys.

Joints

Bone marrow

Lungs

Nerves.

It is considered as an autoimmune disorder where our body may destroy even normal body tissue.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor