Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If a person has pulmonary embolisms should they take Mucinex…

Customer Question
If a person has...

If a person has pulmonary embolisms should they take Mucinex to clear it up?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This person has 3 pulmonary embolisms and was told she should take mucinex. Is that safe?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Mucinex would not help much in clearing pulmonary embolism.

This needs initially injectable anticoagulant (low molecular weight heparin) and later warfarin.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Would it be dangerous to take Mucinex with having 3 pulmonary embolisms?
Would it cause further complications?

No, it would not cause any complication.

It is not dangerous to take Mucinex.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.