Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My daughter came home with a fever of 101.1 at 6PM. feeling…

Customer Question
My daughter came home...

My daughter came home with a fever of 101.1 at 6PM. feeling nauseated and stomach pain. Threw up about 3 hrs later but temp has increased to 101.9 and pain seems to be in upper GI in both left and right side. Gave her Aleve at 9 but that came up. gave her 2 more tablets around 11. I'm concerned about the pain. Should I be thinking appendicitis?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Yes she vomited 1 time pain since 11 this A.M.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She saw her pc last week for a persistent cough. he gave her an inhaler.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
12/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Your daughter is likely suffering from a viral or bacterial gastrointestinal tract infection. This pain can be due to intestinal cramps. Such type of pain is unlikely to be caused by appendicitis. You should continue giving her Tylenol and Aleve. She should also take an oral rehydration solution such as Pedialyte along with plenty of water to prevent dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. You can expect the fever and pain to reduce in another day. Only if the pain is increasing in severity then you should consult her doctor or take her to the emergency. However, this is unlikely to happen since she is likely suffering from the very common gastrointestinal tract infection that will resolve in a few days.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor