Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to the urgent care due to lower left pelvic pain. I…

Customer Question
Hello, i went to the...
Hello, i went to the urgent care due to lower left pelvic pain. I had an abdominal And Pelvic CT scan, urine test and blood work. Everything came back normal and the doctor said its probably die tobmy irritable bowel syndrome. I went today and got a copy of my report and noticed that my urinalysis showed trace protein. The doctor never mentioned that to me. I have urinalysis strips and test my urine often. It was normal last month. I also tested my urine today with my at home strips and its showing trace protein. Im very worried now! Is this normal? I have prediabetes and High BP that is very well controlled. My hlucose and A1c are all normal. I take a multi vitamin, bp med, metformin and pantaprazol daily! Is this something i should worry about and if so, why didnt the doctor mention it? I am attaching a copy of my reports
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

trace protein is not worrisome

that can be from not drinking enough water

which can cause some inflammation of the kidneys.

you should work on drinking more water.

Did you look over my ct scan report? And urinalysis and blood work? Also the specific gravity is a little off. Could my kidneys be shutting down or failing? Or having an issue? Creatinine was normal on the blood test and the CT sent the kidneys and bladder and all that was normal with no information or stones or anything. Is it common for trace protein to be in urine for no reason
Hello?

no, your kidneys would not be shutting down.

your creatinine is 1.0 and normal

you should work on drinking more water and urinating more frequently

and avoiding caffeine and alcohol which can tax your kidneys.

Did tou look at my report? If i had a problem with my kidney would it have shown up on the CT scan or blood work? Is it normal to have trace protein? Could this be the start of my kidneys going bad?
I dont drink caffeine or alchohol. I mainly drink water, but not alot. What is the specific gravity for? If im slightly dehydrated could that make trace protein?

yes, i looked at your reports.

your blood work showed your kidneys to be normal.

your kidneys are not going bad

just drink some more water.

Increases in specific gravity is due to dehydration

drink more water.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician