Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a VERY large 2nd degree burn blister on my dominate…

Customer Question
I have a VERY...

I have a VERY large 2nd degree burn blister on my dominate wrist. It measures about an inch across and .5 inches wide. Should I pop it to start the healing process?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, an antibiotic, silverdone, and ibuprofen 600 and tremedol. Difficult to work as I am a mechanic.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/29/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

Do not "pop" the blister, this can cause an infection even though you are on an antibiotic and topical Silvadene. Wrap the area and the "blister" should start to resolve in 36-48 hours. Continue with the medications you are currently taking.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?

How is your burn/blister resolving?