Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m wondering if I should see a doctor as I have had

Customer Question
I’m wondering if I...

I’m wondering if I should see a doctor as I have had coughing, sneezing, sore throat, headache, laryngitis and just achiness for the last two days. I have been taking pseudoephedrine, acetaminophen, mucinex and sucking on Halls cough drops and do not feel any better. I am miserable!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

This is my 3rd day and no fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My daughter just spent almost 2 weeks with me over Christmas and was just treated for sinusitis - I think I got it from her

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You may consult your doctor for your significant symptoms. Your symptoms can be due to sinusitis. A coronal CT of the sinuses and/or fiberoptic nasal endoscopy is diagnostic for it. Some physician may recommend nasal smear also to differential the allergy and infection. Following would be the treatment protocol;

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan.

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl