Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having pressure/pain in my kidney area. I feel it…

Customer Question
I've been having pressure/pain in...
I've been having pressure/pain in my kidney area. I feel it especially after bending over. I know it's not muscle pain. It sometimes causes sharp pain that I feel into my abdomen. Any idea on what this could be?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Is it on the left or right side?

Is it on the upper, mid or lower part of your abdomen?

What is your age and gender?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Please let me know.

Regards

46 year old male. No other medical problems and no medications.

Which part of your tummy is hurting?

Have you had any tests done for this or anything else recently?

Please let me know.

my stomach isn't main source of the issue. Pain/pressure on both sides by the kidneys. No tests.
Sometimes will get a very sharp pain in kidney area that extends to the abdomen. But that doesn't happen often.

I would strongly recommend that you should have an ultrasound of your kidneys or preferably a CAT scan of your kidneys.

This will definitively rule out things like stones which could be the cause of your pain.

Meanwhile I would strongly recommend that you should drink plenty of fluids to try and flush your kidneys as much as possible.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards