Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Two episodes in the last hour and a half of diarrhea with…

Customer Question
Two episodes in the...

Two episodes in the last hour and a half of diarrhea with mostly blood

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

In august had a colonoscophy and no problems

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
12/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have had diarrhea with mostly blood

how old are you?

are you male or female?

what did you eat recently?

do you have hemorrhoids? hemorrhoids can often bleed from severe diarrhea?

you can use over the counter imodium to try to slow down diarrhea.

are you drinking more fluids like gadorade and water to help replace fluid lost in diarrhea?

75 male a lot of holiday junk including nuts and coffee yes, have hemorrhoids but never bled Not yet

I see

do you have any immodium

immodium or kayopectate or pepto bismal could help stop the diarrhea

the bleeding could stop if the diarrhea stops.

do you want to talk by phone?

your payment for the additional phone consult services didn't go through.