Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have the symptoms that are typically caused by allerges,

Customer Question
sinuses asthma issues. The problem...
I have the symptoms that are typically caused by allerges, sinuses asthma issues. The problem started in December of 2012 with what appeared to be the start of a cold. My wife and I both had the same issue and were both treated ( the same way) in January at a Ungent Care Center in Destin , Florida. My wife's problem went away but mine did not. I still have the same symptoms as I had in 2013 but they are much worst now. I have a documented and recorded of the status of my problem everytime I went to my PCP or allergist, ent, or pulmanologist. For the past year I have been monitoring (on a daily basis) 10 symptoms and recording the status. Since March I have been measuring and recording spirometer and peak flow meter measurements. The PCP says he has nothing else to offer and testing by allergist indicates that allergies are not the problem. 3 different ent's treated it as sinus issue caused by allergies. I had sinus surgery on Nov 22 and still have problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
12/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

what symptoms are you having? runny nose? sinus congestion?

what treatments have you tried? a steroid nasal spray? daily allergy medications? like allegra, claritin?

have you tried a course of antibiotics?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Age 79. Cough and phlegm, runny nose, post nasal drip, shortness of breath, ronchial noise, wheezing labor breathing, sinus noise, throat clearing, chest congestion, Head pressure (like bad head cold), taste, smell, nasal obstruction, Spirometer(inhale),and peak flow meter. and blood pressure. I am not a doctor. I just wanted to gve them an many clues as possible. I have been treated with everything noted above

do you smoke?

have you tried a course of steroid medication?

have you used 50mg of benadryl at night time

you have to take your allergy medications daily

I prefer allegra 180mg (fexofenadine) for my allergies. Xyzal is prescription

you should try 5-10mg of levocetirizine to see if it helps.

I prefer rhinocort or budesonide steroid nasal spray daily

you should try mucinex for the mucus in your chest.

your payment for the additional phone consult service fees didn't go through.

Doctor: Dr. Hasan, Consultant replied 1 month ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician