Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have this heel pain ...it feels like it's in the bone in…

Customer Question
I have this heel...

I have this heel pain ...it feels like it's in the bone in my heel. It hurts the most when I've been lying down and then get up to walk. It seems to get better when I walk for a while. I have been using the Dr. Scholls heel inserts for about 2 months now, but it seems to be getting worse. I also always wear good shoes even around the house. I thought it could be plantars fascitis, but it is not improving even with good shoes and heel cushioning inserts,

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About 6 weeks. It's worse when I've been laying down and then get up to walk. It's better when I've been walking for a while.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Not really.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/28/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

It doesn't sound like plantar fasciitis if it only involves the heel

More likely would be either a plantar wart or a heel bone spur causing the problem

I suggest you have your doctor check this out

A plantar wart can be first treated with a cortisone injection but later it might require surgical removal

A heel spur usually response to a cortisone injection but if it becomes a major problem the spur can be shaved off by a podiatrist

Please let me know if you need any more information