Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife was diagnosed with the flu yesterday. I am

Customer Question
My wife was diagnosed...

My wife was diagnosed with the flu yesterday. I am presenting similar symptoms (since yesterday evening). do i need to go to the doctor or can you prescribe something?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No, I am taking OTC tylenol cold and flu

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No daily meds. no allergies not allergic to any meds

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I am 55 white male good health, 185 lbs last physical a year ago everything okay

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

I would like to ask few details regarding your symptoms/question to assist you more efficiently.

Do you have cough? Fever? Or just the runny nose?

cough slight fever runny nose

Thank you very much for the useful information.

This means you have a mild infection and hopefully its gonna settle down in few days completely.

You can take Nyquil (which will relieve cough, fever, runny nose and give you a good sleep at night also.

I don't think any thing else is needed at the moment.

Honey water (anti-inflammatory) and steam inhalation will also be helpful.

And keep a good hydration.

Was it helpful?

Good luck and my since wishes for your speedy recovery.

Please do not forget to give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.